Follow this blog!

Follow i want, doesnt get.

17 September, 2011

chanel une promenade


Walking in to the Chanel exhibit at Harrods carrying my very own Chanel handbag I felt like a hobo who had found a hotel room key and stumbled in to The Ritz, well out of my depth. The exhibit is beyond incredible and even though I am lucky enough to own a little piece of Chanel, I was not prepared for the awe inspiring Une Promenade. It was truly fantastic and only made my love for the fashion house even more intense. Upon arrival I was greeted by an army of gays and girls head to toe in black with various types of Chanel pins stuck to them and I was handed both a booklet guide to the exhibit as well as an actual man to guide me and a few other Chanel lovers throughout the various rooms. It is truly astonishing. Every room is a treat for the eyes and three rooms in particular engage the other senses; the tweed room allows you to touch massive panels of Chanel tweed covered in sketches by Karl Lagerfeld, the No.5 room offers more than a whiff of the famous perfume, and the 2.55 room takes you inside the classic 2.55 handbag. But the most beautiful room of all was the 31 rue Cambon room which was full of vintage Chanel pieces as well as items from various couture collections that are so beautiful they nearly bought a tear to my eye. I genuinely had to catch my breath when I walked in. Now you may be thinking that I am just a Chanel obsessive, which I am, but honestly, this exhibition is something not to be missed (just see the video a above to wet your appetite). It is open until September 24th so if you are in or around London it is well worth a trip. it has exclusive never before seen pieces and the tour guides know as much, if not more, about Mademoiselle Chanel as I do.

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...