Follow this blog!

Follow i want, doesnt get.

25 January, 2012

pink ladies

I ordered this dress from Topshop Boutique this past weekend as they were offering 20% discount for students...I'd have been a fool not to right? One must always abuse utilise a discount.

I think the tennis dress style is so cute and I'm pretty sure that once the sun comes out I will be wearing the crap out of this dress. What I love most is the dainty shade of palest pink. It kind of reminds me of the sickly sweet Louis Vuitton spring/summer magazine campaigns with the girls surrounded by shiny ice cream colours. I am not the kind of person who usually wears pink though. I used to wear it when I was younger obviously, at around the age of 15 I think half my wardrobe must have been at least pink based, but now I am the ripe old age of 21 the most I can muster is a shiny pink t-shirt I got for christmas. And then by some miracle I was inspired by the movie Funny Face starring Audrey Hepburn. I love any Audrey movie and used to watch Breakfast at Tiffanys over and over again when I was a child and wouldn't even understand what was happening. There is a scene early on in the film that came on television today and I just had to do a pink related post (the scene is below so be sure to check it out for some inspiration). It seems pink is going to be a trend this coming season with pastel colours springing up all over the high street after the heavy featuring of pale colours in the shows last September. If you aren't brave enough to wear the colour head to toe or simply aren't 'a very pink girl' then try and translate it into your accessories or, like me, invest in a pop of pink lipstick; but not the horrible pale stuff that makes you look like you are a chav on your death bed I go for a rich fuscia with a hint of neon. Think pink.

Proenza Schouler PS1 leather iPad case £470, Miu Miu dropped waist crepe dress £980, Tibi silk crepe top £205, D&G dropped waist silk shirt dress £330, Pierre Hardy neoprene and patent leather sandals £680, Stella McCartney perspex heeled two toned sandals £565, Tibi tapered silk crepe pants £300. All availale at net-a-porter. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...