Follow this blog!

Follow i want, doesnt get.

23 January, 2012

versace couture

After an eight year absence Donatella Versace returned to the Couture shows in Paris today. It was a small show of only fifteen evening wear looks that were paraded in a static presentation set on a spectacular molten gold staircase. It was a show that was typically Versace and utilised a colour pallete of yellow, green, orange lilac and champagne in variations of pastels and neons to give the sultry and sequined looks some Spring/Summer punch. The sihouettes again were typical of Versace styling- corseted, plunging and womanly with sex appeal to spare. It was all in all a very typical Versace show. Perhaps Donatella was playing it safe for her return to the runway? I have to say although I am slightly disappointed that were didn't see a more heightened and pumped of version of Versace, which is what is to be expected from the couture shows, it was not a disappointing collection. I am sure that nearly all of these looks will be making appearances on the red carpet in the run up to awards season as they are so super sexy yet super feminine that they would look incredible on any starlet. A nice return from Versace but hopefully next season we will get a peek at Versace collection...and then some.

My favourite looks...


images courtesy of Vogue

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of the colors!! Great post! Would love it if you could check out my latest post and tell me what you think. Follow me, I follow you?!

    xo
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitin, thanks so much! Will be sure to check out your blog now.

      make sure you follow me on twitter as well @merritt_laura

      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...